Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Lecture On The 20th Massachusetts Infantry At Gettysburg Tonight!

Just a quick post today as I need to finish preparing to deliver my lecture tonight to the San Diego Civil War Roundtable. I've given it the title of "Revenge and Redemption: The 20th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment at Gettysburg." It's been an absolute blast reconnecting with the themes, people, and events that I last studied in detail a decade ago as a UCLA undergrad, and I hope that my interest and enthusiasm is reflected tonight.
It should be around 45 minutes and, though I'd hoped to have a projector available for images, I'm going to be using a handout instead. I actually think this may work better, as long as people don't skip ahead in the syllabus. There's some great carte de visite's, maps, and art that we'll be looking at, and the content, well, you've gotta hear it to believe what the men of the Harvard Regiment actually went through during their term of service and especially at Gettysburg.
I'm really excited to be speaking in public again, it's been awhile and it's something that I really enjoy doing. The meeting is open to the public and free, so if you're in San Diego and looking for something to do, feel free to join us. I provide here a link to the San Diego Civil War Roundtable website that has the address of our meeting place.

No comments: