Friday, December 5, 2008

Two More Fantastic Civil War Blogs

I wonder if I'm the last guy to the party when I write about blogs I discover, but just in case you haven't read them yet:
First off is "Anti-Neo-Confederate", presented by Edward Sebesta. This blog joins nicely with the exploration of the Lost Cause mythology we've been working on here in that he sheds light on contemporary places and personalities that help foment this thinking. The University of Texas Press has published "Neo-Confederacy: A Critical Introduction", to which Mr. Sebesta was a contributor. Yes, I'm buying it.
When you're done getting your blood pressure up, turn to Jim Schmidt's Civil War Medicine (and Writing) to mellow out. This blog has a great mix of themes as well as links to his various publications, including his book "Lincoln's Labels".

1 comment:

Jim Schmidt said...

Mark,

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog and for the post on yours. I've added your blog to my roll as well and have looked through the past 6 months of yours and found some really interesting stuff and thoughtful posts. When you get a chance, e-mail me at jschmidt at lexpharma dot com...I'd like to toouch bases with you on the Harvard Regiment, Houston, and other stuff!

Jim